Saturday, August 1, 2009

Well, dammit.



It's just like I was saying the other day: the one and only thing this team needs is just one more middle infielder who can't hit and can't field his position. Success!

At least they didn't give up much, I guess. I mean, analytically, in pure value terms, this isn't a bad deal at all. It just doesn't help the Twins in any significant way, and I guess I was hoping (despite knowing better) for a little more.

Note: the entire T-D-S editorial staff is off to the beach for a week with his family starting tomorrow. I'll probably post Something every now and then, but I very much doubt that it'll be Daily. Back to regularly scheduled programing on August 10!

4 comments:

  1. You and Rob Neyer. I guess this means less stuff for me to read.

    Anyway, Cabrera's been hitting better lately and is usually a very good defender. It should be a mild upgrade, but it likely won't be an impact upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that. Maybe Rob and I are the same person. I mean, have you ever seen us in the same place at the same time? Makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might have to change the name of the blog to "The Daily (Except When I Randomly Decide to Flee to the Beach or Some Other Such Destination) Something."

    Seriously, though, enjoy the vacation. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But if you were the same person, you wouldn't have brought up that point. Or are you saying that thinking that that will cause me to believe you aren't the same person? Or did you know that I would think of all this, and thus, drive me crazy.

    Clever. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete